Saturday, March 15, 2008

So I just got chills

reading Bob Herbert at nytimes.com. His column focuses on NY Governor to be David Paterson. What gave me chills or goosebumps was what Eliot Spitzer told Paterson on the phone before he resigned.

Herbert writes:
The call from Mr. Spitzer himself came at 10 minutes after 10 a.m. on Wednesday. Mr. Paterson remembers it this way:

“He said, ‘I’m going to resign.’ And then, at that turbulent moment in his life, he gave me such a kind compliment. He said, ‘David, I told you that in the event I didn’t serve my full term that I wanted a person there who understood how Albany worked and could work well with colleagues. Right now, as bad as I feel about myself, I am so happy about convincing you to come with me.’ ”

Mr. Paterson said he was buoyed by the governor’s words and that they eased his own growing anxiety.

Good column.

No comments: